Skip to main content

Reply to "The lead question of the 2021 CWS ..."

@DD 2024 posted:

@Stuckinnewengland

I can understand that someone would not want to be forced to take a vaccine, or any other medicine, or have their kids be forced to take it. That makes sense.

But the reasons you cite for your refusal contain some inconsistencies:

"For 16-24 year olds are at 150/100,000 hospitalizations "with" covid in the last 16 months. 16-24 year olds have 200/100,000 hospitalizations with in 7 days  of getting vaccinated with Pfizer that were reported"

a- No vaccine is fully effective immediately. For covid, the time to T cell recognition is about 14 days.

b- The two-part mRNA vaccines are not fully effective until 14 days after the *second* injection. That's about 35 days after the first injection, assuming 21 days between jabs. In other words, there's a 35 day window where infection can occur post-vaccination.

c- Vaccines are necessarily tested in areas where the transmission rate of the virus is high....if there's no outbreak, there's no way to test whether the vaccines work. See (b) above.

"There's also zero evidence that the shot stops transmission."

If I don't have the flu, I can't transmit it to you.

Same with covid.

DD sorry for taking so long to get back to your reply but I needed some time away from this thread for my sanity. Even though I disagree with you I like your passion for this and that you use data for your replies. Your part (b) looks to be accurate. Part (a) I have have no idea on this as I've only studied T cells from natural immunity. Part (c) makes sense but none of these 3 things have any relevance to the stats I posted. The 150 per 100,000 hospitalizations with a positive test is just someone 16 - 24 that was in the hospital that tested positive for the virus. They could have been in there for a broken leg or been in there because they were sick from the virus. Most of this data is from a time period where the vaccine wasn't available to this age group. The 200 per 100,000 that were hospitalized with in 7 days after the shot weren't hospitalized from the virus, they were hospitalized from having an adverse side affect from the vaccine. This is actually slightly lower than the 12 -15 age group hospitalizations from the vaccine according to the Pfizer trial. But it's higher than being in the hospital from natural infection. As far as your last point it's true if you don't have the virus you can't transmit it but as other people have pointed out the vaccines don't prevent infection, they lesson symptoms of the infection. Now I will agree that if you don't have symptoms it will be very rare to be infectious which is why people with no symptoms should not be tested but if you have symptoms you will be infectious for a period of time.