Skip to main content

Reply to "The lead question of the 2021 CWS ..."

@fenwaysouth posted:

No question the Whistler ranks #1 by a wide margin.  He really does make people think negatively about Vanderbilt.  I like Corbin.  I think he runs a great program, but it doesn't take much for people to sour on a program that allows that sideshow.

My 2nd place annoying award is a three way tie between the Cleveland Indians drummer, cowbells of any type, and the Atlanta Braves tomahawk chop & accompanying oooooh-ooooh-ooooh.   I understand the Indians drummer is recovering from triple bypass surgery and has not attended a game in 2021.  I wish him well in his recovery, and I hope he gets to a game soon WITHOUT his bass drum.   Cowbells were designed for livestock not baseball.  The Braves tomahawk chop is just stupid.   Really that is all Braves fans can come up with after 30 years?   There I said it, and I've thought it was stupid previous to political correctness in the 1990s.

JMO.

Back in LL all stars there was one team/league that showed up with rocks in plastic bottles. There were about a thousand people at the section championship. The noise from about five hundred shaking bottles was deafening.