Skip to main content

Reply to "The Liars Club"

2 thoughts

1. That one year of sitting out will never work because if a college can fire a coach while under contract, why can't he quit while under contract? Some will argue that the college should write a clause in the contract that prohibits him from leaving but if I was a coach I would counter with a clause that prohibited me being fired. Neither side will want to lose that option.

2. It's a good thing I live in WI because I'll need a lot of cheese to go with all this "whine" that's being served. I think people should sit back remember the real reason an athlete goes to college is an education. You don't hear students betch because professors leave for greener pastures. Besides, when looking at the big picture these issues only surface when pompous programs hire pompous coaches. If you look at all the sports programs from all the various college levels there, is very little of this ego driven "card game". We should let those "elite" programs and coaches aire their dirty laundry and reassure ourselves that 99% of student athletes will not get an athletic paycheck and maybe mom/dad/kid should have had a reality check to what the definition of a student/athlete actually is.
Last edited by rz1