Skip to main content

Reply to "The "marketing" game??"

JT there are a couple of things factor in here. Number one is your son’s talent level. You need to have a good assessment of your son’s talent so you can help guide him into a good fit. All divisions have great talent but a lesser talented player may never see the field at a large D-1 while he may see significant time at a D-III or a small JUCO. What schools can satisfy your son’s academics needs? Is his course of study offered at all schools? I agree with CVSting about narrowing your search down and making visits is the normal process but only after your son has drawn sufficient interest from multiple schools and I’m not sure that is the case at this time. “Narrowing your search” may be a little premature at this time. We want maximum exposure between the junior and senior year of high school (NOW) with the anticipation of drawing interest from multiple schools allowing us to “pick and choose” by this fall. The fall showcase team is good but there should be more exposure prior to the fall showcase team. Not sure how much exposure your son will get from your comment “My son is playing Legion ball, attending a tryout for a Blue-Grey event and attending a Best in VA Showcase”???? Without knowing your son’s talent would I be off base by suggesting a major showcase like a Perfect Game event? The process of "marketing" your son it is basically:
1. Get maximum exposure to draw interest
2. Analyze interest he gets from schools
3. Narrow your search down by eliminating schools
4. Select a school based on his/your criteria
Fungo
Last edited by Fungo