Skip to main content

Reply to "The "marketing" game??"

Sorry for the delayed response, and just a few comments regarding the Marketing process:
1. TRhit has been involved in the process for years, he knows what he's talking about, and if you don't believe what he's saying, check it out yourself either via the NCAA website, a College Coach, or someone you know who has a ballplayer playing at an NCAA member institution.
2. There's plenty of info available on "participation rates" and "probability of competing at the next level " but its a fact that Less than three (3) in 50 (~5.6%) of HS Senior boys interscholastic players will go on to play..."
3. There are a number of factors to consider for both the Student-Athlete and parents when considering "playing college ball" like:
- Major offered?
- Distance from Home?
- Academic Qualifications (SAT/ACT/GPA ok?)
- Opening on Squad? (Do they need me?)
- What's the Coaches philospohy?

From a marketing standpoint:
- What Tournaments/Showcases to attend?
- Should I go to that school's summer "camp"?
- Am I/Is my son athletically skilled enough for that program, that Division, that Conference? (What's the "reality" of the skills?)
- How can I get the Coach and/or his Assistant's aware of my existance?
4. It never ceases to amaze me how people are quick to attack, especially someone like TRhit, who has posted info on these forums for years, helped a number of kids and families with information, and continues to do so in spite of occasional personal attacks.
4. If you don't know what the hell your talking about, zip your lip.