Skip to main content

Reply to "The NCAA is just plain evil"

This situation is an odd one.  Two transfers in two years, both involving multiple coaching changes.  Everyone knows the NCAA rules when it comes to transfers.  It seems unfair to the student athlete, but there are always two sides and the NCAA hasn't stated there side yet.  I imagine they are simply following their own rules.  The way the timing works in this case seems very unfair.  The NCAA appealed the judges ruling so the kid can't play until it is ruled on which could take a year or more to find out if the kid would have been eligible.  If the ruling makes him eligible so what... He already lost the time. That is BS!  

We can argue about some of the rules, but there actually is a reason for every rule.  I just wish there were more leeway given in certain cases where circumstances warrant it.  And ways to hurry up the process when needed.

Understand that graduations are important, but NCAA doesn't stand for National Academic Association.  They only govern athletics, any other student can transfer without penalty if they want to.  I don't think this has anything to do with academics. He will be a college junior academically before he plays an inning if things stay this way.