Skip to main content

Reply to "The ODDS of playing"

Atta boy PG for planting this thread.  This is a necessary conversation for the student athlete.  Maybe not so much the kid that has no desire or aptitude for school.  But I still think the kid that is school bound should be aware because it expands the conversation to risk and best fit.

I have a 2016 MIF/OF. Discussions on this topic have helped him understand the broader considerations about a school choice.  Most obvious is cost, Will the values/beliefs of the school affirm or conflict those at home, Academic offerings that align with student's interests, and my favorite (and mostly never mentioned anywhere) can your student be comfortable on and around the campus.

Ultimately, I think keeping the eye on the ball for us means we are helping our son pursue his dreams wherever that may lead. Shoot for the moon but pack your parachute.  We also want to provide information and guidance to advance his chance for success.  We are especially blessed to be with an outstanding showcase org in Carolina that is well connected with area schools. 

We really appreciate the message our son has been receiving from college and showcase sources to make college ball a reality. 

1. Character  2. Work ethic  3. Talent.  Yes, in that order.