Skip to main content

Reply to "The ODDS of playing"

My problem is the accuracy of the odds.  I see nothing wrong with actually knowing the odds, but really, what are the "real" odds? Certainly no one believes the odds are the same for every individual.  This is not like the odds of winning the lottery. For one individual the odds might be 1 in a billion. For another they might be 50-50, for some even better than 50-50.  The odds are different for the player they have invested a large sum of money in than the player they signed for $1,000.

So the odds are different from one individual to the next.  And those odds change (better or worse) based on performance, health, and other things.

One more thing to consider while discussing the percentages and odds.  I have no way of really knowing this but I would guess well over 90% of amateur players would love a chance to get those small minor league checks. It has to be one of the most sought after  under paid jobs there is, though one with a much higher potential than others.

College is a plan B, even if there is no actual plan B. For many plan B still involves baseball.  After all, they have a baseball education. Baseball employs a lot of people.