Skip to main content

Reply to "The One College Baseball Stat You Can't Google"

Almost every committed recruit at top fifty programs are 9’s or 10’s. Given there are typically about 14 incoming freshmen and 18-20 players who receive reasonable playing time it’s inevitable 50% of recruits aren’t going to be a fit at their first choice.

What coach wants to share this information? Who wants to track it? You can calculate the stat by doing the research on any program that shows interest or makes an offer.

You seem to be looking for some sort of guarantee that doesn’t exist. It’s important to hear exactly what is being said during recruitment and not twist it into what you want to hear. Then, you have to do your research and go with your instincts.

I’m guessing a lot of college players and son’s of posters on the board fit my son’s mold. He wasn’t recruited to be a freshman, starter stud. Someone else wasn’t getting the job done. Mid season he stepped in and got it done. Had other players met expectations my son’s college baseball experience might have been completely different.

My son was partially lucky (other’s failed providing opportunity) and completely mentally and physically ready when the opportunity arose.

Last edited by RJM