Skip to main content

Reply to "The One College Baseball Stat You Can't Google"

The rankings don't matter, the tweets don't matter. Those are all published in an effort to get customers to return and spend more money to increase their ranking or get new customers in to get some hype behind their names.

PG was useful for the tournaments. I found that the 3 best tournaments as far as competition and scouting were the WWBA, Ft. Myers, and Wilson Premier. Two of those are attached to PG. When they started getting better and playing big boy baseball, getting them down to Georgia to showcase against the top talent in the country was necessary. Nobody was coming to watch them play at the Summer Slugger's Slamfest against random local teams with kids throwing 78.

At the end of the day, PG and PBR can't tell you where you can play. Only the coaches making the offers are the one's with any opinion that matters. There are top ranked kids committed to sick programs and I say no way in hell will that last. There are others who don't get the credit they deserve that will be a really nice pickup to someone.

That being said. I think PG's number scale is comical and PBRs endless tweeting is equally as bad. Great business models though, I will say that