Skip to main content

Reply to "The Orbitz banner above"

baseballregie,

You are right, this type of booking is not for everyone. You have to be firmly set in your travel plans.

There are some really great deals, though. Last summer I booked a round-trip through Orbitz from Washington, DC to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo Mexico for just under $350. There would have been an additional cost for an overnight hotel stay in the middle of each trip, but I had plenty of Priority Club points so those stays were free, and at a couple of nice places, too. It fit my travel plans and budget perfectly. And I found the rate and booked 10 days before traveling.

Once in Mexico, I had a rental car that I had also booked through Orbitz. I was involved in an accident there, but I was smart enough to purchase extra insurance through the website at the time of booking. It took a little while to navigate through the language barrier and the Mexican Dollar Rent-A-Car way of doing things, but I did receive full reimbursement for the damages that were placed on my credit card.

All in all, I was very satisfied with everything, except the accident and one umpire.

...and maybe the rain.
Last edited by TMM_Dad