Skip to main content

Reply to "The run was phenomenal, but it's over"

bballman

Congrats to your son on a great college career and to a you also.  What a great post. I just went through a similar weekend. Son's team losing in a D2 regional.

The emotions that you go through are incredible, not only for your own son but the group of seniors he started with are all like sons.

The team was in left field after the game for a long time waiting for the winners presentation, it gave time for a lot of emotional embraces between players and the parents in the stands.  I was glad I was leaning over the fence taking pictures for longer than I needed to. I wasn't really able to communicate with anyone, I thought I was good to go until another father approached , neither of us could really talk, a hug and handshake was about all we could get through. It got a little better after that.....

By the time the players made it to us most of the big tears were gone....

My son is a redshirt jr. , finished his degree and still figuring out his options for next year,  I may have to go through this again?

My wife texted me on Monday that she was sad.. I replied that mowing grass always helps me and that the key was in the mower!   Didn't work.

Graduation ceremony for the school took place during the last game, our son sent a video home yesterday where the boys had there own ceremony, Although rather informal,  crude, and hilarious it showed the love that actually exists between these teammates.