Skip to main content

Reply to "The same process regardless of Division?"

Mike232FD,

The process may be similar but what you say should probably be different.  Think of it like looking for a job.  As a recruit or job seeker, you have to have something to offer or you have to be solving a problem.    At the D2 level there is the possibility of a scholarship.   At the D3 level there is no scholarship so your pitch or appeal to the Coach is most likely going to be different.   D3 runs the gamut of recruiting process and requirements so there isn't much of anything I could say that would apply to D3 universally except no schollies.  However, you can almost always be guaranteed any Coach is looking for the best possible talent he can recruit and get through Admissions.  If a kid has baseball talent but his grades are going to be a challenge then he might be looking at other candidates because getting a questionable recruit through Admissions is going to take a lot of work....and Coaches don't want more work.   They want the slam dunk recruit.

So, I think a little bit of research needs to be done before hitting SEND to the Coach.  I would strongly encourage you to put yourself in the Coaches shoes.   Absolutely include videos as JCG suggested as well as recommendation letters from travel coaches, scouts, Legion coaches, high school coaches if you have them.   

Good luck!

Last edited by fenwaysouth