Skip to main content

Reply to "The Series"

bballdad,

Great question.  I think The Series is different in many ways.  Overall, it is all about the experience at the Classic.  It is going to be a truly memorable experience.

It is my experience that college coaches want data.  They want measurables and they want them from reputable people.  An 85 on a Series gun is much more reliable than the same on Dad's gun.  (We have several other data points that we measure as well).  Having this data allows college coaches to "find" players to follow.  They also want reputable evaluations.  With the reputations of the baseball people involved, this is strength of The Series.   I am fortunate enough to be involved with some very knowledgeable baseball people here.

The data is also very useful for the players.  It will show them how they stack up to their peers and show opportunities in their game to strengthen (e.g. agility, quickness, foot speed, etc.)  Each age group will be ranked according to their measurables and further evaluated during game play.

As for the format, teams in each state will be selected from the Challenges.  In Year 1, there will only be Challenges since we are short on time.  In Year 2, the players will enter through a Combine and may be invited to proceed to a Challenge in hopes of being selected for the Classic team.  In addition to representing their state in this festival, they will get a pretty impressive load of gear.  Additionally, its been my experience that college coaches show up where there are large amounts of talent.  I can very easily imagine that certain age groups will have large amounts of college coaches and pro scouts.  There are international teams that will be present as well.

I hope this answers your question.

Last edited by redbird5