Skip to main content

Reply to "The Stride"

quote:
Originally posted by S. Abrams:
Power,

I could see the beachball done as a drill to teach a kid to have some tension and maintain balance during the stride. Actual hitting...not so much unless the kid can't carry over the drill to the swing then I might try it. Some hitters may need a drill like this; some will not. Like I said, I used the knee/thigh tension to give me (personally) a quiet, controlled and balanced stride when I played.

Orange shirt (Brandon)swing appears to be rotating hips during/into the stride ( see back hip). Looks like a prime candidate for fighting bag drag later during the swing. looks like the typical "drag the bat through the zone" start. More of a stomp or step than a stride. JMO.

The "chase" swing has no knee tension at all. Back leg/knee is all over the place. Develops no torque through the core or hips. Has to be a pitcher or needs to consider it. ****watch the back knee and back hip and tell me which is powering the hip rotation; to me he is using the back knee to drag the rear hip into rotation. Wondering if others are seeing the same thing?

As I have said repeated times in numerous threads, I focus alot on the relationship and timing of the hands and the rear hip. The front hip is important but plays second fiddle to the rear hip,IMO.

I'm stopping at the "balanced stretch"...we can't even all get on the same page for the stride much less the full kinetic chain going from the hip to the hands.

***Just added a question to previous post about the "chase" swing clip and what everybody believes is powering the hip rotation in that clip. Maybe should have started a new thread as this one got hijacked a long time ago.
Last edited by S. Abrams