Skip to main content

Reply to "The Super Bowl"

Don't really care who wins - no dog in this particular fight. I just want a good, close game.

I am going to root for the Pats because Brady was my fantasy QB this year (though I did have Hakeem Nicks as well...hmmmm), but I often find myself rooting for a different team than I thought I would in situations like this. Hell, I even rooted for the Ducks in the Rose Bowl, and I thought that would be impossible!

I agree with Zomby that the Giants D has gotten healthy and on a roll at the right time of the year (though calling them the best D in the NFL is a bit of a stretch). So much of how this goes depends on Eli. If he has a good game, I think the Giants win by at least 10. The Patriots' D is porous, so if he is on at all, it will be a long day for the Pats' secondary.

I just have a feeling he is going to struggle though, and I don't see the Giants running game carrying the day if that happens.

Bottom line: lower scoring game than most people will think, and I think the Patriots win by a field goal, 24-21.