Skip to main content

Reply to "“The ways we can turn over rosters!”"

There is a lot of disparity as to what college athletes can do or not do but with the creation of the transfer portal it opens up more avenues for them to look out for themselves.  We have talked for years how it's unfair that coaches can pack up and leave for a better job but athletes were stuck.  First I don't see the problem with a coach looking for a better / different job.  I have that freedom in my profession and everybody else does to so why shouldn't coaches have that?  But I recognized some hypocrisy in forcing athletes to stay when the coach they wanted to play for bolted.  The transfer portal fixes this.

This now resembles real life a little more.  Coaches can go find better jobs.  Players can find schools they can play at or better fit.  Overall this is a good thing.  But if either group thinks they can't be replaced at any time then any hurt feelings is their fault. If a coach can find an incoming player through recruitment or portal who can play better than someone already on the team I don't blame them when coaches are fired for not winning.  Is that cutthroat?  I guess but if my job is on the line I'm making the change.  You can just be mad