Skip to main content

Reply to "Theory on weightlifting"

I am a highschool baseball player (catcher) and have always been interested in weight training for sport development and specifically for baseball. I have studied countless programs and instructors, both online and books.

From these studies I concluded that Jon Doyle provided the most functional information, stuff that really applied to baseball. If you have purchased any of his products, I am sure you understand.

I also feel that Renegade training provides awesome techniques used by the best athletes in the world. By no means am i associated with either of the two, i have just seen what their methods have done to my athletic performance and baseball performance.

As for actual baseball, I have had personal contact and lessons with Jaeger Sports and Steve Englishbey.

This summer i am training with API and i cant wait for that...

Anyways, If you have any questions about my actual training beliefs and methods, feel free to ask me, and i will go into detail about it.

As for practical experiance, theres not much to say accept that I am really into training, train 5-6 days a week in the offseason (three lifting days focused on olympic style movements and force production, followed by medicine ball and core(real core) active recovery and rotational axis training days.

If you would like, I can post a sample workout of mine on here...