Skip to main content

Reply to "There is a program for every player"

I will tell you that in the State of NC there are more opportunities by far than there are players to fill them. From numerous D1 programs to Community College programs.

One of the best ways to find a kid a home is to have a coach with contacts contact the college coaches and inquire of his behalf. Many of these programs have JV programs as well. They are always looking for young men that want an opportunity to play at the next level. And many times you will see a kid and say "Who the heck is that." A kid that flew under the radar his hs career and then busted out at the college level. This happens for many reasons but never happens when they dont give it a shot.

There is a program for every player that wants to take his shot. And he is determined to do what it takes to be a part of a college program. I have coached a long time. I have NEVER had one single player not play college baseball that had the desire to play college baseball. Guys that were bench players and seldom saw playing time who later earned all conference honors in college. Guys that were lucky to make the hs team as fresh and sophs who later were starters at the college level. Guys that now coach in college who started on the JV squad and graduated as a starter at the college level.

There are many excuses you or a player can find on why it didnt happen. But if a player wants it and is willing to go where he can get an opportunity it can be done. It boils down to "how bad do you really want to play in college?" Good luck