Skip to main content

Reply to "There is a program for every player"

quote:
Originally posted by Up in the Stands:
quote:
Originally posted by hwy380:
quote:
Up in the Stands

Would you say the best course of action is email and some online video? Any other suggestion for out of state self recruiting please post.

What worked for us is not unlike what many others have suggested. We started by casting a very wide net. We sent letters to probably 70-80 different schools including lots of D1, many D2, some D3 and some NAIA's that are perenial baseball contenders. Most sent back a canned invite to a camp. Some sent personal notes and expressed real interest.

We also made a 5-6 minute video of my son pitching. It was actually 3 "full" innings of pitching from 2 different games, edited down to wind up delivery and result. We sent the video to selected schools that expressed interest in my son, and that he was reasonably interested in.

My son also played on a summer team that put him in front of several college coaches in TX, plus they played in East Cobb in front of lots of coaches /recruiters.

And Mom and Dad prayed a lot.

He ended up with an offer from an east coast D1, a midwest D2, a Texas D3, and a midwest NAIA school.

We're flying out east in a couple hours to catch about 7 D1 games over spring break. Is this a great country or what!!!

Great work looks like it paid off. I appreciate the advice. I will keep people posted and hope that others post what is working for them here also. We are also doing a lot of praying