Skip to main content

Reply to "There is a program for every player"

While I agree that hypothetically, there is a program for every player, I just don't see where a HS player with average skills can rest assured that there is a place for him at the next level.

By no means do I want be perceived as a "downer" but reality says that academic aspirations, team cuts, economics, geographic location, and luck, may put the average player behind the 8-ball in regard to finding that college "place" where he fits. College baseball is a great goal, but, a hefty one. I've seen many players in my area, which is not strong, have college baseball aspirations and when reality hits they just do not match up with the college game. No cut on any player, just a reality check that is sometimes missing on this site because it is chocked full of "nice people" who are the parents of successful college players who have usually walked downhill during this process. We sometimes forget that there are average HS players and their parents that read this site and we fit them with rose colored glasses when we make statements like "there is a program for every player". We may be sending a message that cannot be attained regardless of the program.

Sometimes those rose colored glasses are maybe being worn by the "advise givers" on this site . I plead guilty at times to those charges and while I've heard the devils advocate attitude is frowned upon here, it is part of the big picture IMO, and should not be "blown off".

It is not always about how far you take the game, it is about how to passionate you are about the game, regardless of the level you attain.

As rz ducks for cover

Last edited by rz1