Skip to main content

Reply to "There is a program for every player"

Having a 3.75 GPA and parents who can pay private school tuition gives this player an advantage over a lot of average players who don't have the grades or the money. None of us on this forum know whether the kid has the skills to play D3 baseball. I figure the question is do we have any advice which might help this kid maximize his chances - he isn't walking downhill. A lot of folks have given advice. Now the rest is up to the player and his family to see where the chips fall.

My brother was a 165 pound offensive lineman in high school, and played college football in Texas. He didn't believe it when people said he was too small to play in college. My niece is not a spectacular softball pitcher (I'd say average), but had good enough grades to have four D3 schools in Texas offer her a chance to play. She's 3-0 this season.

My view is that pessimism inhibits people from achieving their goals than optimism. Failure is a fact of life, and if you don't find a team, you just have to move on. But you for sure won't find one if you don't try.