Skip to main content

Reply to "THere is an "i" in team"

Pic, so true but then again, every Coach knows that, "old athletes that become parents can always do it better than their kid's coach...just ask them." I believe that you have to have the best of both worlds. A kid has to be selfish in wanting to start. Therefore, he motivates himself to outwork all others. Some do this through Private Lessons. Others simply hit the weightroom and work on conditioning. The ultimate goal is the same. All want to win.

When that season starts, it is up to the coach to make sure that Team/We is always first. I don't agree that a coach can't breakdown each position and make sure that each player gets individual work. If a coach is organized, has a system that the kids understand, provides the players with "check-offs" for their position to ensure that they are getting the proper number of reps with quality then individual work will improve both player and team. Now, can a coach monitor all of this? I just don't know. I believe that we do by having 3 coaches that have assignments each practice and know what I want them to work on. Each player has their work outlined for them. We have a practice plan that lets each know who needs to be where and when and when they are working, here is whtat they are working on. I have to see it all. Most of the time, I have to be on the run. The joke last year was that this year, I was going to receive an ATV to keep up with everything. I received a golf cart! LOL!