Skip to main content

Reply to "THere is an "i" in team"

Let me add this if I may;

Our team obviously does not practice as a HS team does--we have a three man staff in most cases for every event

BUT

when we arrive for an event every kid knows what his role will be and how to prepare for it--the pitchers know the rotation and catchers know who they will catch; The pitchers who will be working out of the pen also know who they are; the DH and EH know who they are ahead of every game so they can be mentally prepared for that role; the outfielrders know who they are so that they can talk ahead of game time as to is doing what in the field; the same goes for the infielders so they can talk and know who is talking what throw , who takes what cutoffs, they talk with the ctahcer to make sure they have their signals in line for cutoofs and throws to second.

They also know what the individual drills are for prior to game time etc

We meet in the hotel lobby way before we leave for the field and the coaches talk with them at length in preparation for the game and the talking doers not end when the game stops---we, the coaches are continually talking among ourseleves and to the players about situations etc

THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM!!!!!