Skip to main content

Reply to "THere is an "i" in team"

Swingbuster I agree with the fact that kids need to get help with areas that they are struggling in. During the season most of the time is spent on team oriented areas. There is some individual time and alot of work on fundementals of the game. But lets be honest with 18 kids and three hours of practice time there is no way we can sit down with each player individually and work on what he is having problems with everyday. Kids have 8 months in the off season to work on their individual games and their areas of weakness as well. But the player has to care enough to go out and work. I have no problem with our kids getting private instruction and trying to improve themselves. I really dont care if they hit the way their private instructor teaches them even if it is different than what we teach as long as they are hitting. If they are not hitting we will step in and see what they are doing wrong and try to help them. You dont fix something that is not broken. But if its not working it is your job to help fix it.