Skip to main content

Reply to "They said it!!!"

quote:
Recognition is never a good reason to leave your team. There is no "I" in team but there are 2 of them in recognition.

I agree with that statement 100%!

I have a question for everyone on this board.

What is the idea behind all the baseball that a kid participates in during the summer?

My answer is two-fold. First, without a doubt, playing alot of games against great competition will undoubly make kids better or force them to work on things that will make them better.

Second, I think that summer is also the best time for kids to get exposure (to especially) college coaches. Pro scouts see them year round, but the college guys are out and about a whole lot more during the summer. I believe kids and parents of kids have to do everything they can to get the maximum amount of exposure. Is this selfish...maybe? But with limited amount of baseball scholarships out there and the extremely large and talented pool of players out there, unfortunately, conflicts arise and tough choices have to be made.

My advice to all parties is to communicate with each other and try to understand both sides of the agenda...the select coaches are trying to run a TEAM (organization) and the parents are trying to take care of their son.

Good luck to all.