Skip to main content

Reply to "They said it!!!"

Just returned from having lunch with a fellow webster/friend/baseball mom and wouldn't you know it we were talking about this very subject and all the posts Confused..........

What we realized is that yes teams like DBat and others (won't/can't list any others because I am sure I will leave someone off this list and they will get upset, I will use only Dbat as an example because they are part of this ongoing discussion-is that enough of a disclaimer/CYA)....

Back to topic, teams like Dbat do a great job getting their players seen by scouts/colleges no one deny's that. But,,,,,,,,,,here is my question- Let's say there are 15 players on the Dbat team and ok there are (for example) give or take 3 other teams out there that give their players the same type of exposure Dbat gives its players then you take 15 players x 3 teams is roughly 45 players in the metroplex that benefit by this type of team/exposure..... What do the other say 50 talented players (I don't know the exact number but it could be only 25 more or 50 more) that are recruited each year by colleges/Juco/or drafted how do they get noticed?????????????????

Maybe they write those letters, visit those showcases, tryout for Area Code Games, do college camps.....do you see where I am going......

So...........if there was a right way/only way to get noticed then that would negate (is that how you spell it?) all the other ways people will/have/and continue to get notice.....Let the players/families do what they need to do when they need to do it and if it doesn't fit your team's requirments/committments then I guess that is up to the coach/player.

I sure hope that a team's manager is upfront in the beginning about what is expected and what will not be tolerated (in terms of doing other showcases during their season) so that players can choose and commit knowing what they are committed to. If the player has done their homework and the team has a proven history then,,,,,,,I am sure the player knows the answers before he even trys out or is recruited by a select team.
Last edited by oldbat-never