Skip to main content

Reply to "Things I love about players parents..."

20Dad,
You really didn't offend me and I hope I didn't offend you... This is all in fun Smile but in the process maybe we can all learn a little from the hsbbw. I'm sure I could learn something from you. Your first sentence states that you don't like me simply because I'm a parent and then you tell me how I feel when I really don't feel that way. I responded to you somewhat humorously knowing my post was about as inaccurate as yours. Big Grin

I would like to state that I have met and talked with his English teacher as I'm sure many on this board have also done with their sons.

Yes, there has been times I've felt my son was the best hitter on the team, but I also know there are many time he has let his team down by striking out. Yes, I'm proud that he was drafted and will get his chance to play professional baseball but I also know he has a huge challenge ahead of him and success is a distant hope at best. His baseball and my parenting are two different things. Parenting to me is a huge challenge and is only complicated at times by his obsession with baseball.
Let me give you an example. I said goodbye to the baseball fans at Auburn University on their message board a few days back. Many responded back with their well wishes but one reply stands out that made me feel good. Not about me or my son but about the relationship we have. Here is a part of that post from a fan that explains my take on parenting and baseball:
People like ya'll are what make Auburn baseball special. Your attitude and demeanor never changed when Josh hit .140 for a month or .440 for a month.

"It's just game"
Fungo
Last edited by Fungo