Skip to main content

Reply to "thinking about giving up the game"

This thread has hit me emotionally for some reason.

coach2709 - what a wonderful post.

smithers505 - it seems to me that your son's tears answer all the questions and essentially make the decision for you. He can take his 35 ACT and probably go to school for free at any University in the country. The good thing here, some of the very best academic universities also happen to be on the D3 level. Sounds to me like your young man can have his cake and eat it too and how many kids can say that! What he needs to do is get busy finding a high academic fit where he'll also have a chance to play in college.

What coach2709 said is true. His coaching career would have been there for him regardless of how his playing career ended up but he gave up something valuable that he can never go back and receive.

If your son makes the decision to give up baseball now, it will be like ringing a bell. As the old saying goes, you can never go back and "un-ring" the bell. There is no reason why your son cannot find a perfect university to attend and also turn tears into smiles knowing that his baseball career is going to continue for at least four more years