Skip to main content

Reply to "thinking about giving up the game"

I can tell you for a fact based on my son's experience you will get lots more academic money at a D3 than you will athletic money anywhere with those scores. (I assume you have the grades to go along with it) You need to get an accurate assessment of your abilities and then select a number of D3 programs that match those and your desired major. You will find that approximately 20% of the D3 programs that are typically ranked high every year are more or less looking for D1 athletes that fall through the cracks for whatever reason, so don’t assume that just because they are D3 that you will get playing time. Pick a range of programs that might interest you and get in touch with the coaches. There are lots of opportunities to play college baseball and beyond (if you have the skills) if you look around a bit. Look at d3baseball.com.

SOS you can have both with some research, there are a number of highly ranked baseball and academic D3’s that routinely put kids in the pros and their graduates earn top dollars.