Skip to main content

Reply to "thinking about giving up the game"

quote:
Originally posted by smithers505:
we're debating whether it'd be better for 2012 (who, frankly, doesn't stand a chance of getting drafted unless he grows three inches) to choose a D3 school and continue his playing career, or just play one more summer and use his academic credentials to attend somewhere like vanderbilt or duke. he cried tonight when he thought of not playing anymore--i'm honestly torn. if anybody wants to know, he missed his junior season with tendinitis, and he's been injured before; when healthy, he's a low-80s LHP who also happened to score a 35 on ACT

I read this over and really don't get it. Sorry.
Not sure about the draft comment either, do you think that it's just his height that would keep him out of the draft? Seriously maybe you were just kidding.

Why is your son crying (there is no cryin' in baseball just lots and lots and lots of hard work), because there is no offer on the table? What are the expectations, what have you all done in the recruiting process? What has your son done to improve his velocity? What have you all done to improve his health issues? Out for a season with tendinitous? Depending on the underlying issue, doctor and PT, it doesn't take forever to recover. Obviously the test scores are not an issue, but FWIW, that doesn't mean an automatic admission to schools like Duke and Vanderbilt.

Is this just a matter of doing a lot of hard work and not seeing results or just waiting for someone to make an offer based on his grades and which hand he throws with?

Lots of good advice given. I have no advice as I am really not sure of the situation.
Last edited by TPM