Skip to main content

Reply to "This is comedy"

So you'll see the top performers in Home-to-1st runs of two different PBR showcases done by the same state.  Just different times of the year.  My son actually turned in the 4.08 in February.  He didn't do the one in October and my eyes popped out of my head when I saw those numbers.  My kid isn't a lot of things, but what he is, is one the top 10 fastest and quickest 21s in our state.  There isn't a kid from that October list that is faster or quicker than him.  Not even close.  But the numbers don't lie, right?  I did ask around and figured out what the deal was.  Our state PBR bought a laser timer.  And just like that, our state was blessed with a dozen Usain Bolts over night.

For those that aren't very familiar with Home to 1st times (because most baseball is 60 yard), a quick Google search will bring you up to speed.  You notice very quickly that most of the kids on the October list are literally off the charts.  You won't find times under 3.9 on anyone's charts.  But our tiny state has 8 of them!

By the way, take a close look at the grad years of the kids and their positions and things will feel even less right.  Imagine a 2022 LHP who runs a 3.79 and a 2022 C who runs a 3.93.

Last edited by DanJ