Skip to main content

Reply to "This is the world today"

Collectives are the problem.  Under the wording of NIL they are illegal.  They are not used for Name, Image or Likeness.  They are just giving players money with no use of their Name Image or Likeness.  Here's your money.  LSU brought in 6 guys and had 2 others signed but they went draft.  Those 6 will guarantee take someone's position.  And they were paid for with a collective.  They are doing nothing to earn their money and no one is using their Name Image or Likeness to give them money.  This is the problem i have.  Yes, UT is also doing it in football and basketball and I have a problem with it.  If you are paying a kid for an advertisement, a meet and greet, an appearance, selling their jersey or tshirt or cap I'm fine with it.  They are getting paid for their NIL.  But not just giving it.  But once the paste is out of the tube there is no putting it back.  The richest programs can buy a Natty and the poor ones won't be able to compete.  It will take a few years to develop but it will come to pass.

The Transfer portal has changed recruiting because who wants to bring someone in and teach them when you can get someone who has already proven it on a high level.  Only a few MLB teams develop through their minor league systems.  The powerhouses bring in the others.