Skip to main content

Reply to "This is the world today"

@PitchingFan posted:

I agree TPM.  When the wrong school does it or the NCAA gets an itch they want to scratch they will shut it down but I think it will take a while.  I'm sure somehow these guys are doing something they can try to call NIL but it is not a clear one like most.  Again the collectives are only paying less than 1%.  The others are having to work real hard for any NIL money they are getting.   I told son the other day he could probably get a part-time job that would pay better than the NIL deals he is getting but it is networking and preparing him for the future so it is part of his education.  He is learning to talk to business men and sell himself and all the meet and greets have to be good for him in the long run.  Plus he is smart enough to work it to get free golf, free cookies, free mattress and pillow, free lawyer representation (hope he never needs it), free sunflower seeds, and free clothing.  His podcast is great for teaching him how to talk on the air from the other side if he ever wants to do broadcasting.

That’s a good take on the situation. Btw, speaking well on air isn’t a requisite for broadcasting baseball games. Eduardo Perez and Ben McDonald have proven that. It’s all about connections and who you know. Eduardo Perez and Ben McDonald have proven that too.