Skip to main content

Reply to "This really bothers me..."

quote:
Originally posted by Orlando:
Several people on this thread are wiling to condemn Hancock's parents and play internet lawyer with only a passing knowledge of what happened on the night. It doesn't impact you, so why should you (or, apparently, the Hancok's according to you) be bothered with wanting to learning any more?

I still feel that they are trying to find out all that happened on the last day of their boy's life, just as I believe any of us here would want to know should the unthinkable happen to one of our's.

As njbb says, auto liability insurance should cover the cost of the lawsuits --- the towing company would have it, the driver probably does. And how is it that you know that those two did nothing wrong? For example, you KNOW the car that spun out -- not stalled, by the way -- was inoperable and could not have pulled out of the fast lane and on to the shoulder??

Conversely, both the company and the driver could countersue for damages or emotional distress, should MO law allow it. Or the suits against them could be found to be groundless during discovery.

I believe they were named because all entities, from the bar where he was served to the time of death should be named so as to close the door to the lawyers for Shannon's apportioning blame at the accident site.

Empathy seems to be in short supply.