Skip to main content

Reply to "Those "Old Gloves""

Western Auto sold gloves. Anyone remember that? I cant remember what the brand name was I think it was Spalding? My first (real glove) was the one I played with in HS. A Rawlings fastback. Now that was one sweet glove. I still have it (whats left of it). In my day a glove was so personal. I guess because it was such a big deal to get one. I remember looking at other kids with utter disgust when I saw them throw their glove or leave it behind somewhere. How could they do that to their glove? I passed that mentality on to my kids. Your glove is an extension of you. There are so many memories in a glove and a bat. I still have every bat that my sons played with and glove. I cant seem to part with them because they all bring back so many memories when I look at them. One day I will pass them on to some younger kids. Maybe? Sometimes I just love to take out my old glove and just smell the leather. There is just something special about the smell and the feel of an old glove. Maybe Im crazy I dont know. Thanks Coach for making me think about this again. It sure brings back a great bunch of memories.