Skip to main content

Reply to "Thoughts on transferring during this mess"

@Suds posted:

He got 17 innings as a freshman.  Not many freshman get that many innings in a FULL year let alone a season of less than 20 games.  The odds of getting more money are slim and none with seniors returning.  If he is in a program, where he is getting a chance to play and likes the school, quite honestly he would be a fool to leave.

Yes he had 17.2 innings in 5 appearances as relief and 2 starts. He doesn’t necessarily hate the school, but wants more out of a baseball program. It’s hard to explain without sounding like a-holes since he was a freshman and got major playing time at a mid major D1. I’ll give a little example, 3 weeks before the season starts, coach changes arm slot. Son sucked it up, didn’t complain and did for the team. He was super uncomfortable with it and some shaky outings. He adjusted and turned it around given the unorthodox new delivery. My son told me he didn’t understand why this wasn’t done in the Fall instead of right before the first game in the Spring. Of course, I said talk coach after the season is over and ask. Little things like that. Just asking others what they think is all. Trying to get input for me and my son to talk about since this would be a big decision. Thanks for the feedback.