Skip to main content

Reply to "Thoughts/opinions"

Dadof3 posted:

So, son is 14 in April hit 88ev off machine pitch.  Two other kids on his team who are 9 and 10 mos older hit 94 and 91 (so already 14).  The other two are real studs - they just look good.   Now they practice more and seem to me more driven then my son at this point.  My question is, would 9,10 mos make a real difference at this age?  The one who hit 94 works out and has 0% body fat, the one who hit 91 is lean and slightly muscular as well, my son has a little fat on him.  Will the other two always be better.  I know this is kind of a silly question since you can’t see any of the kids, but I am just curious as to other experiences.  

I'm with Luv... focus on the bolded.  The rest is all noise.  There are exceptions, but for the most part, between ages of 13 and 15 is when most will decide and display whether or not they are going to fully commit to being a player.  For all but the few exceptionally gifted, the habit of hard work and being driven is key to excelling.

For those who get more out of puberty, they still have to turn that commitment switch on and it becomes more difficult later if they haven't already started forming those habits and that mindset.

Last edited by cabbagedad