Skip to main content

Reply to "Three legit MLB prospect Eastern League all stars homer and what’s the headline?"

RJM posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:
TPM posted:
Ja'Crispy posted:

It is plain and simple why these keep coming up, either here or in the media, anti-Tebow sentiment is another way people express their leftist political opinions on a sports site. That is why they use loaded words like "Tebow worshippers" to call people who say your Tebow dislike isn't a rational thought pattern. That is why they try to pass off insane opinions like kneeling for the national anthem isn't meant as disrespect. That is why they tell you wacky theories like he is only there and being used to make a billion dollars for the minor league owners by selling hotdogs and beer. Sad, but it seems like these wacky thought processes are being taught to more and more and younger and younger people.

I dont get into that kneeling or patriot stuff but he is a professional and open to fair criticism. It has nothing to do with being on the left. 

He is a really nice guy, no one is disputing that. Problem is, he is a really, really nice guy, and people have taken advantage of that. That, in this case ,  would be the Mets organization, who once again are a disappointment to their loyal fans. They cannot put a decent product on the field and can't keep guys healthy. As of today they are 13.5 games back and in last place in their division. 

Tebow isnt going to change that and being used as a distraction.

I agree he is open to criticism as well. I don't think that was an item brought up for debate by anyone. I disagree that politics is not involved as you will find very often the same Tebow critics in all forms of media throwing out snarky Bush, Trump, Fox News ... etc comments. 

I don't know if he is a really nice guy, but he seems to check off all of the boxes. I don't know him personally. The Mets are horrible and can't keep players healthy, but I disagree they are taking advantage of Tebow. The two parties simply negotiated contracts for what they thought was to their benefit. If Tebow is being taking advantage of he should fire his high priced agents. Do the Mets get some benefit to Tebow's name? Yes, probably a small amount. Old School hit it right on the head that in reality virtually nobody knows or cares to pay attention to his minor league career or if he makes a Milb All-Star game. Does Tebow get something out of playing minor league baseball? Yes, but I highly doubt this is some big PR coup to keep his name in the media. He was already on ESPN national TV commenting on college football.

Sandy Anderson publicly admitted signing Tebow was a publicity stunt. 

Sandy Alderson said "Look, we signed him because he is a good guy, partly because of his celebrity, partly because this is an entertainment business. My attitude is ‘why not?’ ”

Hardly sounds like he had a serious plan to push Tebow through to MLB. I would say he doesn't seem serious about it at all. Hardly something for someone without another agenda to keep pushing on the internet.