Skip to main content

Reply to "Throwing Mechanics"

quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:
I do say that the feet are offset somewhat on the reciept of the ball

I have no idea what you mean by offset feet. Therefore, it's a nonissue. It has nothing to do with the proper technique.

quote:
I haven't ever heard your position on the position of the feet.

Right foot never moves. Anytime catcher moves his rigt foot, his release time will be slower than mine.

quote:
mature per distance throwing to second..

I'll ask you since the other guy didn't want to respond. Is 75mph a strong arm?

quote:
we then argued whether younger players have the core strength and whether they knew how to use it effectively enough to prevent them from throwing with just their arms as TR suggest.

This conversation never took place. Define young. A player at any level (say 12-13 and up)can perform my throwing technique and be successful. Core technique is the issue.....not core strength.

As much as you claim to know it is quite obvious you don't know how to rotate effectively.....or you wouldn't make the comments you do.

quote:
glove to chin, nose, ear was necessary for the coil or rotation and put the arm in the most efficient slot.

A non teach. The pitch location will tell you where your glove goes. The coil happens before you ever catch the ball. How can it have anything to do with rotation.

quote:
you commented that you'd come over and have my catchers thowing faster pop times in one practice

Again, this was never said. I did say on a softball field, I would bet a C note that I could get the ball to second as fast as your starter. Softball field because at 51 I have no arm strength. But, it would still demonstrate the quickness difference between your technique and mine. And you quietly went away. I'll bet another benjamin that I have at least as good a release time as your starter using a drill similar to Catching Coaches drill.

I'll give you more to critcize me on. A catcher should never get up on his haunches. You are much quicker from the lower stance. Whether blocking or throwing.
Last edited by Linear