Skip to main content

Reply to "Tiger Woods King Of All Sports?"

Exactly, TPM There's no question his wife knew what was going on. She knew he was a hit with the ladies before they got married.

As for his place in golf, there's no question of his impact in the sport. Without him on the tour, nobody could care less about the PGA. The ratings speak for themselves.

While I enjoy golf, there's no way I watch it on TV unless Tiger's playing in the last group on Sunday. Tiger makes shots on the course that every other player can only dream doing. It's him, then there's the rest of the PGA players in the same group.

Perhaps Tiger misclculated when getting married to create more millions for his brand.

He could've still made a fortune by staying single and kept an image. He's that big in his sport and nobody could approach his status on the PGA and probably won't for a long time to come.

I keep going back to Derek Jeter. Who can have more distractions then him? Being captain of the most famous sports franchises in the world on the biggest stage in the world in the media capital.
There's a reason he's kept his distance from scandal and distraction (with maybe the exception of George stepping in once when he was dating one famous celebrity) but for the most part, has kept his image and his focus on his job intact.

Now maybe in the big picture, Jeter isn't as big as Tiger but Jeter certainly has the same potential to fall in similar traps Tiger has.
Last edited by zombywoof