Skip to main content

Reply to "Tiger Woods King Of All Sports?"

quote:
What disturbs me is the both of you know so much about s****r! lol
My son is also a college s0ccer prospect, not that he cares. When he's done I'll never watch another s0ccer game. The part I do enjoy watching is there's a lot of pressure on him to succeed as goalie and cover up defensive mistakes. I do like watching world class s0ccer highlights though. The ball handling and shooting is incredible. If s0ccer modified it's offside rule, the game would open up and it would be more exciting like hockey.

quote:
It takes no talent to run up and down the field for an hour. Everyone can play.
This is only true at the little kid, rec level. My son took off two years to play middle school football. When he returned he was way behind in ball handling skills. It forced him to be a goalie. We think the high school coach had him earmarked as a goalie from the time he was twelve. He kept calling and telling me to get him to goalie camps.

It drives the coach nuts my son won't play summer select like every one of his teammates and attend summer goalie camps. My son tells the coach goalie is easy. He said outside the eighteen yard line is like playing short and inside is like playing third. In reality he worls very hard in preseason and during the season. It's a difficult position requiring lightning quick reactions, great intuative instincts, nerve and the ability to kick and punt well. And the only athletes you will find in better condition are long distance runners. In my son's summer sessions practice started with a six mile run and ended with endless suicides.

quote:
Socker would only be a third-world game if not for today's politically correct media.
It's the biggest sport in the world and has been for a long, long time.

quote:
I believe he wanted to prevent soc-cer debates/politics from spilling over here on the hsbbweb and thus disrupting this site.
The issue I have with s0ccer from a baseball perspective is seeing it played in the outfield in the fall with metal stands being dragging across the infield. Fortunately our high school has a s0ccer field. But the freshman s0ccer team plays on the JV baseball field.
Last edited by RJM