Skip to main content

Reply to "Time between pitches"

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger3boy:
I really thought that taking the tape would have been considered pretty extreme, and considering my previous thread I really did not want that action hanging over me. The imput here has been good. I think that if I run into this again I will be a little better prepared.
It has been too long now since the actual game happened, so I will just file this under lessons learned. We will face that pitcher 2-3 times this season. I would rather not have to use a tape, but I see that it might be necessary if it happens again. I hope it does not though.

To paraphrase an old saying (at my age, they're the only kind I know), "Faint heart never won a protest". If an umpire tells you that, "It's not my job", to enforce the rules, PROTEST. 6.2.1.c. List the rule, the situation, and the PU's remarks. Have your AD contact the association by phone, and in writing.

I hated to work with officials who would not enforce the rules because they were too lazy, or whatever. They make their partner(s) job more difficult. And, they make us all look bad. Many umps get away with sloppy officiating because coaches are reticent to complain to the proper authorities. The players deserve to have their games called the right way.

Bob