Skip to main content

Reply to "Time To End Grieving. Reset."

Everyone has lost something and nobody is happy about it...that we can all agree on I think.

Any kid who is thinking D1 as a 2021 or 2022 grad isn't losing anything except maybe the chance to play that level. If they are truly that kind of player they are going to have plenty of openings in D2 or D3 - JUCO just doesn't do anything for unless there is an academic need but to each their own.

The kids who are going to get pinched are the bottom of the roster in D3, there is already a trickle down of players (more then typical) to the D2 and D3 ranks...so if you are a marginal good but not special type of HS player who normally would attempt to play at D3 you have a problem...but to be totally honest nobody cares about those kids anyway on a baseball level. The D3's (in all sports) use them to fill freshman class numbers, many will quit after the first fall and more after the first real season. They will be replaced and nobody will even remember they were there. It happens every year and next year will happen even more. This may sound cold but I didn't make the rules or create the system.

This is not about the real players having a place to play - they will. Generally speaking I think Josh Rudd has right in it is time to find plan B...except for his comment that HS needs to find a way to add a 5th year option. That I found funny, in a perfect world maybe but in our world there is a better chance of being hit by lightning while inside your home!!