Skip to main content

Reply to "Time To End Grieving. Reset."

@RJM posted:

I don’t believe eligibility should have been extended for anyone. If a kid was a senior, tough break. The next year, when he’s in the working world he’s not going to be spending time thinking about COVID messing up his senior season. He’s going to be looking ahead.

Pro prospects are still pro prospects whether they missed a year or not. Maybe some kid didn’t have the opportunity to blossom senior year and become a pro prospect. But, he will never know.

If a kid can’t get over missing part or most of his senior year when he has his life in front of him play him Glory Days by Springsteen and send him to a psychologist.

Athletes have been missing senior year for injuries forever. They get over it.

You make a fair point, I don't agree with it completely but it is defendable. I don't think a player getting injured and losing his season is the same as institutions hitting the panic button and closing down the opportunity for everyone to play is the same, not really even similar.

My son is going to grad school as 5th year and will play, he was going to be going to grad school regardless if he was playing ball or not...I see no reason why a kid in that spot shouldn't be able to play.