Skip to main content

Reply to "Time to get nervous about Ivy and/or D3 HA?"

@SpeedDemon gave spot on advice. Great list BTW. I would add maybe go to Headfirst. Based on his metrics from a year ago he likely won't play college ball...who knows coaches make these decisions not a bunch of posters on a board, and you will know after a few events.  Long time legendary poster here  @Coach May said "You will know if they are interested"

My advice would be to make a list of schools he is interested in and do an A-B-C list forgetting about baseball and then add BB to the equation. If there are some schools that are fringe baseball programs he could email the coach. My son played D3  and he had a teammate that maybe played 10 games over 4 years (due to large roster) only in clean up innings, but he was loved by the team and coaches and while he did not travel much he had the full college baseball experience. Now that I think about it he did travel with the team to the CWS.

I will add that college baseball is hard, freaking hard, and most parents/posters/non-college players have not idea how hard it is, until they see their sons, or experience it. It is particularly difficult for STEM students so keep supporting his dream as long as it is his dream.

Best of luck!