Skip to main content

Reply to "Time to get nervous about Ivy and/or D3 HA?"

@Dadof3 posted:

When did he decide he wanted to play at the next level?  What has he done to try and get there?  Lift, pitching lessons, long toss in the off season?    Of this decision was made recently then you never know what can develop if he works really hard.  If he has been working really hard and is still only throwing 80, might not be good.  Where is he physically wise in terms of maturity?  Is he done growing, still looks like he will add height?   Lots of things to consider

He decided somewhere during his sophomore year.  Since he's never been velocity oriented, I don't really know what he's capable of.  He's slender but starting to show some muscle growth for sure.  Maybe 10 pounds in past year.  He's got a wide shoulder base and a wingspan longer than his height, so I think potential-wise, he's got a lot going for him.  He's been spotted as potential candidate collegiately for his dedication to his changeup which is a solid pitch for him.

All of the feedback has been good to think about.  Thank you.   I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.  Anything we can learn can be helpful for others too.