Skip to main content

Reply to "Timeline for 2024"

Unless having him commit to a college in the near future is something you guys are interested in then there isn't much to do right now. If he continues to progress like he has been colleges will be interested this summer and 2 summers from now. What I would be doing now is reaching out to the top travel teams in the area and getting him involved with their programs. That allows him to play with more talented guys and take the burden off your back of reaching out to schools. The organization is only as successful as the college programs they send their guys to. Evo Canes, Dirtbags, and there is another good program in Charlotte (blanking on name). I know you said he's with a well known organization, but there's well known and the best. Just make sure he's in the right place, plenty of organizations are great until 15u and then taper off. 

For now maybe start taking lessons with reputable trainers if he isn't already and just have him keep doing what he's doing. Multiple sports, breaks from baseball, etc. I wouldn't worry about colleges or recruitment at all until at least after his freshman year of HS. Anything before then is too early. Don't need a plan, just get with the right people and they'll help you out