Skip to main content

Reply to "Timing pitcher's stride"

Originally Posted by Back foot slider:

I am saying learning how to maximize the very first part of the pitching delivery (stride) is not new, nor should it be viewed as dangerous.

Well, I suspect many would argue that the stride isn’t the very first part of the pitching delivery.

… Having said that, trying to maximize any of the four parts of the delivery is nothing to be scared or worried about, provided you have someone who is qualified...

That’s precisely what I was talking about because there’s gonna be literally tens of thousands of pitchers who jump on this bandwagon without having anyone qualified to help them.

I know at the school I score for now there’s no one with even a fair degree of knowledge about pitching, other than throwing strikes is good and throwing hard strikes is better, but we have something like 15 pitchers in the program. Should I spread the word that they should all increase their body’s velocity toward the plate to gain velocity, and not to worry about it because it’s nothing new?

Look, I’m not trying to stop progress. I’m just very leery about pitchers messing with their deliveries.