Skip to main content

Reply to "To Cut, Or Not To Cut.....?"

quote:
We have yet to find out if this kid even knows about his Mom's intent.

dub this is a great point and honestly I was working on the assumption that he did know about the transfer. If he doesn't know about the transfer that does change things in my eyes. I have always tried my best to not let what stupid things parents do affect how I feel about and treat their son's on the team (really hard sometimes).

BHD - after reading dub's post yes it can be presumptive unless the kid does know about the transfer. If he knows about the transfer request then I don't see it as presumptive or punitive.

I also think it's different than the two situations that RJM (I think it was him) that said what about a kid who has parents that have jobs that could force them to move or the Dominical exchange student. In the first case there really isn't a choice by the kid or the parents. The choice is out of their hands and probably a good chance they want to stay. As for the foreign exchange student that is a situation the whole experience is bigger than the individuals involved. It's something the kid will experience that most people he knows will never get. I would probably keep this kid even if he's never heard of the game just to be around the atmosphere of the team.

In the case of this kid he has a choice to stay or leave. He's (or his parents) are choosing to leave. It's tough situation and I'm glad I'm not the one going through it. It's easy for me to sit here and say a bunch of stuff because honestly I'm emotionally unattached to the situation. I don't have to look the kid in the eyes (unless I decide to post a list.....just playing guys) and say you're cut. If I was in this situation I might be going the other way. I have tried to be a little bit devil's advocate also because I think this topic deserves consideration for debate. Overall though this is just a squirrely situation that doesn't set too well with me. There's something missing but no idea what it is.

TCB1 what does the AD say about the situation? How does he feel about your leaning towards cutting this kid?